Epynt without people ...... & Much more 2nd Page Contd.
The false Village resembling a Balkan cum Eastern European area for Artillery & all sorts of Infantry or troops training shown here 1970. Below we see the first Grenade training range, a far better new one was installed by 1970.
One chap Arthur Williams who has covered the area very often plus spent some of his time in 'er Majesty's mob there & recalls events at the Grenade chucker's range when a couple of 2nd Lieuts. would normally be left in charge at the lonely observation points on the scaffolding there.
When some grenades were thrown & exploding, a couple of large stones wd be launched to hit galvanised sheets to enable squaddies watch the officers 'observing' diving to the floor.
Somehow the instructors never actually caught the culprits!.
Further below?, that the new sign in 1970 showing a welcome to MoD land, do not touch things or they may kill you.
Cwm Llaethdu Farm, unoccupied on MoD land with a barren Bwlch Gwyn below that & 3rd down from here is Ffoss y Hwyaid.
Ffoss y Hwyaid a band of those helping in the hedging 1920's there, & below, reaping prior to mechanical machinery.
Garn Rhyw above looks deserted
Tirbach above, about to be abandoned, Tir Cid long abandoned , however kept sturdy as it was.